Monday, July 15, 2013

Larry Elmore Clipart

Back during the d20 Boom, Larry Elmore released a book and CD-ROM of images for gamers to use. Some of them were licensed for reuse in a publishing project.

Teazia has been collecting public domain art for reuse (19th century/early 20th century fantasy images) and got Larry Elmore permission to post the images from the collection. You can browse and download the images from here. The last two images of the collection is a copy of the license and has more information on what you can and can't do with the images.


8 comments:

Greyhawk Grognard said...

Wow... that's terrific!

Timothy S. Brannan said...

It's not public domain art.

You need to use the OGL with it.

Al said...

Ever notice how something like 75% of Elmore females look like Valerie Bertinelli?

Timothy S. Brannan said...

I was at Elmore's booth one Gen Con waiting to get a print signed. This very attractive woman offered to help, but I mentioned I was fine. She looked REALLY damn familiar but I could not place her. Till I looked at the other prints that is. ;)

Robert Conley said...

@Timothy Brannan
Which is why I specifically mention the license pages.

Jeremy said...

It's actually a bit confusing.

If you read the text, the clip art itself isn't released under the OGL, but a separate licensing agreement (pretty much a standard clip art agreement, you can use it for anything but a clip art collection)

But the page explaining the how to use the materials was released as open content.

Jeremy said...

And personally, I think more look like Tanya Roberts

Capheind said...

Sweet, I actually just started work on a module I intend to self-publish, and was wondering what to do with my non-existant art budget :D